HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM TEAM BEDLAM!
As a welcome to the New Year we raise a toast and thank you for your ongoing support as we continue to share the beers we love to brew.
Let’s pause and look back at last year’s achievements.
Better With Bedlam we are committed to being socially and environmentally responsible by giving back to our local community and caring for the planet, dedicating our time and amplifying voices to better support the community and raising money.
- Pilsner is our best-selling beer, followed by Wilde and Phoenix.
- Last year Pilsner was 21% of our total sales and never wanting to rest on our laurels we unveiled new Vegan and Gluten Free Pilsner in early 2022 – the same great taste, but without gluten.
- We rebranded Phoenix keg to High Tide Session Pale Ale with a nod to our celebration of Sussex’s beautiful coastline.
- We introduced High Tide Pale Ale keg acclaimed in March as ‘Best Session IPA’ in the UK by SIBA.
- You certainly love our collab brews Ground Control with local roastery, Craft House Coffee and Clemency with Marmalade from Perfectly Preserved.
- Hunky Dory has been reviewed for more body, more juice and more fruit bowl punch! Let us know what you think.
- Did you know 37% of our trade sales are in keg beer and 33% cask?
- Each Brew we donate 600-900 kg of spent grain to the farmer.
- £500 – Kelp Restoration donation to #HelpOurKelp and rewild the kelp off the Sussex Coastline.
- 20 hours volunteered Beach Cleaning. We passionately try to protect the coastline by supporting various beach cleans ie Leave No Trace and Surfers Against Sewage, by collecting rubbish washed up following high tides.
- #BackoffBackUp – we want to help people feel safer on the streets and help support the #BackoffBackup – @acrossrainbows at Arcobelino Bar in Brighton to communicate their new Safe Spot campaign.
- RYBKA – joining forces with the fabulous The Fishes Like To Swim music venue we’re supporting new bands looking to debut in Brighton.
- We’re always being congratulated for our service, going the extra mile – do give our Drivers a wave if you see our branded van delivering to trade and home.
- Our Retail Shop is now open at the Brewery and Brewery Tours are back!
- Meet the Brewer events are back too and proving more popular so do keep your eyes peeled for the next one!
- We launched our new Reward Scheme so you can start earning points for every purchase made online and Club Bedlam Membership where you will also receive discounts on all online purchases and brewery purchases with exclusive discounts, early notification of releases and invites to brewery events.
- Only A Pavement Away – We joined 30 volunteers in Brighton to distribute re-usable water flasks to the homeless across the city during a very hot day in July.
- Raising funds for the vetted relief organisations active in Ukraine via the ‘Brew for Ukraine’ initiative – we’re only a few cases short of selling this beer through with potential donations totalling £4000.
- £200 – Kangaroos Children’s Disability Charity with CASK Beer Tasting
- £100 – Sussex Bat Appeal via sales of Salem Red Ale
- Starr Trust Golf Day – helping to raise £6,827
We sold 424,000 litres (ca. 746,000 pints) of beer and are sales are 50% higher than 2021 notwithstanding the cost of living crisis that has impacted us from May
We continue to endure the challenges that befall us as a result of the cost of living crisis both in terms of sales expectations and much higher costs, and we really appreciate your ongoing support in 2023.
Let’s do more together in 2023
SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
Plus be the first to know about new brews, shop discounts, upcoming events and all things Bedlam.